We believe that the role of the church is to actively encourage, equip, and support parents in their responsibility to disciple their own children into age-appropriate Gospel understanding and Jesus following. As such, we are seeking to run three or four Parent Gatherings a year where we will provide parents resources, training, and encouragement as you seek to disciple you own children. Resources might include:
· New City Catechism www.truthforlife.org/store/products/books-and-booklets/new-city-catechism-1/
· New City Catechism devotional www.truthforlife.org/store/products/books-and-booklets/the-new-city-catechism-devotional/
· New City Catechism app (iPhone or Android): http://newcitycatechism.com/
· Bible Reading With Your Kids, Jon Nielson www.matthiasmedia.com/bible-reading-with-your-kids
· One to One Bible Reading, David Helm http://www.matthiasmedia.com/one-to-one-bible-reading
At these gatherings we also want to make parents aware of the ministries our church family provides for your children (Nursery, Sunday School, etc.), the expectations around those ministries (ages, student registrations, drop-off and pick-up, volunteering, etc.), and the opportunities available at CSBC for your own personal involvement and growth.
Our next Parent Gathering will be Sunday morning, March 18th, 9:30-10:30am (during the Sunday School hour) in the CSBC Gym (top of the stairs, 3rd floor, where Children’s Church meets). RSVP or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep up-to-date and participate in the community by liking our new CSBC Family Page on Facebook