Sunday Worship Gathering 10:45 am – 12:15 pm
We have children’s bulletins and coloring activity books and crayons in the back of the sanctuary should kids choose to remain with their parents. Please feel free to use them during the service!
What to Expect When You Visit…
One of the greatest compliments we receive is when someone calls Chestnut Street Baptist Church “home.” From parking through each element of the service, we carefully create environments that allow people to come as they are and safely explore a faith in Jesus.
Here are a few things you can expect when you visit us…
Most of the people you meet when you visit CSBC will be polite and friendly. But understand this, before you walk through our doors, we are a bunch of broken messes and imperfect people!
Our dress code is black tie optional. JUST KIDDING!
We are more concerned with people’s hearts than what they are wearing. Feel free to wear what you want, whether that’s a suit or shorts. The only thing that may be questionable would be a Yankees t-shirt due to a majority of our congregation’s love of the Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins.
We know that visiting a new church can often be intimidating so don’t worry, we won’t ask you to raise your hand as our guest or do anything that will embarrass or single you out in any way. Coffee is on us, our worship team will play a few songs and each week’s message lasts for about 30 minutes.
Through our dynamic music, relevant messages and our discipleship environment, we desire that you will continuously take the next step in your journey of faith.
IT IS AN HONOR THAT YOU WOULD CHOOSE TO SPEND AN HOUR OF YOUR WEEKEND WITH US AT CSBC!
- Expect a warm welcome and a joyful, casual atmosphere. Grab a hot cup of free coffee from our Fellowship Hall and sit wherever you’d like! We will NOT single you out publicly or ask you to say anything, and we do NOT expect guests to contribute anything financially. Feel free to let the plate pass. Our service is a gift to you!
- Expect to meet people and friends who love Jesus and want to talk about what He has done and is doing in their lives. We LOVE new comers! Sometimes we do not always get a chance to say hi or recognize new folks due to the number of people that visit us here, especially the summer months, so please grab us and say, “This is my first time” and we will introduce ourselves and answer any questions you may have and get you acquainted! Let us walk you through the next steps!
- The only dress code we have is: Wear Something! Expect a variety of clothing styles. Some like to dress up but many dress casually, tons of jeans. Wear what’s comfortable, you’ll fit right in. We care about you! Not what you wear!
- Expect a variety of musical styles from traditional hymns to music that is spiritually lively, including drums and guitars. Don’t be surprised when some people clap or raise their hands as a sign of praise while singing, but don’t feel obligated to do so yourself. We foster an atmosphere of worship and freedom in our services. Our motto is: “The best of all generations.” Worship team. Choir. Hymnal. Piano. Guitar. Organ. Drums. Bass. Violin. Saxophone. Depending on the Sunday, we’ve got them all. [icon name=”file-pdf-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download a bulletin.
- Expect to hear teaching from the Bible. Every week we spend around 30 minutes discussing, listening and learning about the Bible. We have this crazy belief that it is the primary way that God speaks to Mankind to this day. While we can’t promise you will agree with everything we say, we can promise you that you won’t be bored. We trust the Bible completely even when we don’t fully understand it. We affirm that the Bible, containing the Old and New Testaments, is alone the only infallible, inspired Word of God, and that its authority is ultimate, final, and eternal. It cannot be added to, subtracted from, or superseded in any regard. The Bible is the source of all doctrine, instruction, correction, and reproof. It contains all that is needed for guidance in godliness and practical Christian conduct. [icon name=”microphone” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Listen to some of our sermons.
- Expect to hear God speak to YOU. Pastor Adam Kohlstrom preaches messages that are applicable and relevant for every person of every age, at every step of their walk with Christ. His messages are all about application to our own lives and taking a look in the “mirror” of the word. One who hears the Word of God but doesn’t act accordingly is like one who “observes his bodily face in a mirror” but turns away and forgets what he looks like. In James’s parable, Søren Kierkegaard explains, we learn that Scripture is fundamentally practical. We cannot hear it or read it properly unless we have a fundamental concern for how it should govern our lives. With a ‘mirror’ you realize who you are in a whole new way!
- Expect to be challenged to take the next step in your spiritual journey. We are a community of grace and forgiveness where everyone is allowed, encouraged, and expected to be authentic. This is a safe and practical place to come as you are and grow in your faith, but this is also a place where complacency is challenged.
- Expect to come back and join us again! We would love for God to find you a home here. Welcome Home to Chestnut Street Baptist Church!